Thursday 23 December 2010

Its getting near Christmas and no-one has time to check their change!!

Since my last blog entry, things have started to rise again in the ''Fake Stakes'' as previously national publicity fades away until the next banner headline.

Anyway, to add to my list of personally seen fakes, I can now add;

2000 Welsh Dragon - very good one, took me ages to decide its validity...or lack of it!!

2001 Celtic Cross - one of the most common fakes

2006 Egyptian Arch


and it had to happen sooner or later,

2008 Royal Standard - am convinced this is a fake but am still pondering

1 comment:

  1. I'd be very interested to see a picture of that one if you have one. I have seen a picture of the royal standard design, but it was very obviously a fake. I haven't seen one in the hand yet, but I'm still looking. Some of the early (genuine) 2008s were poorly made, I have several that have poorly struck edge markings and also die cracks on obverse and reverse, but I am sure they are genuine.

    ReplyDelete

Followers