Saturday 16 October 2010

Newest Fake is my Newest Fake

Having not blogged on this subject for a while as the recent fakes I've gathered have been ones that I've previously recorded on my own lists, this month I've got two I'd never personally had before but assume others have already seen and recorded.

First I got about 3 weeks ago, a 3 Lions pound coin with the year date of 1991

Then when collecting my football betting winnings at the ground after todays match, I got.........a Millenium Gateshead Bridge with the year date of 2008 (when this coin should actually be a 2007).

DN, have you got one of these?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, don't know whether DN has these. From my own lists the 1991 3 Lions is already known, but your 2008 mule with Gateshead Bridge is a new one, previously un-recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you two,

    I have never seen that particular mule which is very interesting, but I do have the 1991 three lions.

    I have seen very few fakes in recent months, maybe the result of the Royal Mint making a concerted effort to remove them from circulation, and the ones I have seen have been the usual suspects, quite a few 2006s.

    ReplyDelete

Followers